Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23: Iowa Pride

My state is being wooed today in the media. It’s kind of nice to see Iowa mentioned outside a caucus year by the national media. Don’t worry – I won’t let it go to my head.
 Apparently we are:
Wealthy:
Hip:
And just plain awesome. There is no national article I can cite for this claim. It’s just true.
The other story in the news today is about Justin Bieber. Breathe deep, people. I, Andrea, solemnly swear I will not share a song by Justin. Ever. Pinky promise.
I thought I’d introduce another musician from Iowa to you today. If you are ever in the Des Moines area, make an effort to hear Chad live at The Grapevine, where he often performs with the talented Bonita Crowe. It’s a wonderful venue. Live music is not listed in the Post’s top 10. For me it’s a highlight of my town.
Bonus: It's Chad's 40th birthday today, and he's celebrating in Memphis where he is performing, and apparently performed a few songs at Sun Studio. Happy birthday to you, Chad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment