Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16: You May Address Me As....

Madam V.P.

Today brings broadening horizons to my world. I was honored to accept a new role that represents a promotion at work. Can I get a woot?!? 

I've been a business analyst for over a decade working mainly on mortgage origination systems. My new gig will continue to use this experience but expand upon it as I help to define the direction of our initiatives, and provide guidance for the requirements leads on what is needed to implement projects. It’s a wonderful mix of strategy and tangible details for me.

If you would have told me a decade ago that I’d be a vice president at a large corporation, I would never have believed it. And before you write your ransom note and kidnap my child, please know that there are MANY vice presidents at my work and I won’t be able to pay your asking price, unless it’s in baked goods. It’s simply an honor to find myself amongst such esteemed colleagues.

You may recall that I was a college dropout for nearly a decade before honing in on an MIS degree to advance my career opportunities. I often feel overwhelmingly awed and filled with immense gratitude that it actually worked. 

Life is greeting me with blessings, all. And yes, my soul is singing. 

Black Crowes - Soul Singing


No comments:

Post a Comment