Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4: 90s Rock Girls

There is one of those Facebook quizzes going around that tells you which 90s alternate rock girls you mesh with best. Go ahead – take it. It’s highly scientific, I’m sure.


It was no surprise to me that my results came back with Tori Amos. Clearly my flannel preference would lead me toward this result. No other 90s rock girl could be closer to my heart. I heart Tori.

I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I listened to the Little Earthquakes album. It spoke to shadowed corners in my soul. Her lyrics make me ache. Brought instant tears. Said dark, forbidden things I couldn't myself.

I saw Tori perform at the Paramount (Cedar Rapids, IA) in the 90s. She was brilliant. Her talent was bigger than the venue – overwhelming to witness. She’s also quite an odd bird. I would forgive her anything because of what she can do on a piano.

This song is perfect for a snowy Tuesday. This song is perfect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment