Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 15: Ides of February

The ides of February. It’s snowing. Time to dig deep and lean into this winter thing. In my world on unhurried weekend mornings, that translates to my kitchen nook, a pot of coffee at the ready, a baked good in the oven to fill the house with warm and friendly scents (today this is banana cake to be frosted in cream cheese goodness once it cools), and music of all varieties streaming across my laptop.

Some morning find me shoe shopping online. We perhaps haven’t talked about my shoe addiction. It isn’t quite as strong as my need for coffee, but it’s formidable. There are worse things… Some days I dream of vacations I’ll take and travel mentally. Others I plant my next season’s garden while gazing out the window at my dormant flower beds. The birds entertain me (and the cats) at the feeders. There is nothing more gorgeous than a male cardinal eating sunflower seeds amidst the snow on a winter’s day. My eye looks out over a field of white and craves verdant hues. My heart is happy right where it is.

It is days like this one that I realize I’m incredibly easily contented. A little coffee. A dream or two to occupy my fancy. There is joy in my now.

This is playing in my kitchen at the moment. Wish I could share a slice of cake and a cuppa with you. Enjoy your Saturday, wherever you might be!



No comments:

Post a Comment