Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 11: Frivolity

Around age 7 or 8, I got to have my birthday party with a few girlfriends at Happy Joe’s Pizza in Fort Dodge. This was heaven for a little girl who rarely got to go out to eat, and never with friends. Before Chuck E. Cheese, there was Happy Joe’s. It was heaven for kids. For my incredibly humble beginnings, it was a luxury event.  

We ate pizza. Drank soda (gasp!). Watched the performing animals on stage (remember the big gorilla way before a rat took over?). Ate ice cream. I had an affinity for their mint sundaes. Giggled and danced and lived as only young girls can. I was created treasured memories and didn't even know it.

I even got to have a quarter to play a song in the jukebox. What did I play, friends? Well, it was the early 80s. I was feeling sassy. Pat knew just what I needed.

Sing along, won’t you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment