Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 16: Frozen

I've loved my Sunday. Winter is always better through a child’s eyes. I would have holed up with coffee and books today left to my own devices. Aria insisted on playing in the snow, and so we did. We hit Sleepy Hollow, a local spot with outdoor recreational options, for tubing.

Four runs, 15 stories up, with the courtesy of a tow rope.  


We lasted two hours before we were too frozen to continue.


If you couldn’t tell from her valentine choice, Aria is Frozen obsessed. She was singing “Let It Go” as we sailed down the hills. We did solo runs, side by side runs, and hug-the-feet-and-make-a-train runs. She was singing the entire time.

The helpers at the top of the hill started calling us Elsa and Anna. There was a lot of giggling. It was a beautiful day.



I am now snuggled under blankets with cocoa in hand, smile in heart and on my lips. This song is stuck in my head. Cannot imagine why.



No comments:

Post a Comment