Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25: A Girl Named Trixie

OK, who has read the Trixie Belden books? Crabapple Farm. Bob-Whites of the Glen. The jalopy. A girl named Honey and a boy named Mart? I had an addiction to these books in my youth. Trixie was a more believable Nancy Drew. More down to Earth - she had to babysit younger siblings and hated chores too. She jumped to conclusions but was often right. She loved to find answers to questions and found mystery everywhere around her. She delighted me as a girl.

Maybe it's the name Trixie that makes me love Trixie Whitley. Maybe it's that she shares a sound and has soul so much like her dad's. Chris Whitley is a strong favorite.

Whatever the reason, she is amazing. I'm happy to add her and all of Black Dub to the mix and hope you enjoy also!

Black Dub - I Believe In You




No comments:

Post a Comment