Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 20: Unsent

I spent part of today reflecting on revolving doors. Wanting to peek around corners and envision journeys never taken. Wanting to craft journeys yet to be.

My what ifs are rarely men, although I do love the reflective nature of this song. Especially Marcus. Everyone needs a Marcus to rock their world.

My what ifs are mostly about where I'd be if I'd said no to the guy and said yes more often to myself. Finished college. Indulged in travel. Lived more self-focused passions. Dated many amazing men, but waited to marry just the right guy (who conveniently would have a flashing neon sign over his head, a heart only for me, and who could have delivered Aria to me in all her lovely entirety on a silver platter). You know. The basics.

I love my world. I love my today more than any today I've ever had. It doesn't stop me from time to time from pondering what if...

Alanis Morissette - Unsent


No comments:

Post a Comment