Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 22: Food Services

Yesterday I spoke about using The Grateful Chef for a side dish for my Thanksgiving feast. I love this local chef who pulls together a few main dishes and sides each week. 

You order what appeals and go pick it up from her kitchen. I've ordered from her in the past and will certainly be doing so more often.

Her service is the difference between a pizza delivery and a beautiful dinner on a busy weeknight after work. I do my best to have my menu planned for the week. Consistently once or twice per week, I stumble and we end up at Noodles & Company or having food delivered.

Now that I've opened the door to having someone else prepare a (healthy) meal for me, I'm noticing more and more options out there.

Food services in general intrigue me. Facebook continues to prompt me to try Plated, Blue Apron and HelloFresh.

Part of me thinks that my own menu planning and purchases through my coop (which I adore) are my best bet. The other part of me wants to try out their dishes to expand my standard menu and to create ease of planning.

We live in a fast food nation. It's neat to see healthy choices trending. I'm curious if it will be a fad, or become a standard implement of our living.

Tracy Chapman - The Promise

No comments:

Post a Comment