Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 19: Vivid Dream

Do you remember your dreams?

I often do, and they are generally nutty and representative of my peripheral life. 

For example, during summer, my dreams including hosting large parties on my patio and my friends wearing potted pepper plants around their necks with the peppers all red and festive, like edible necklaces. And yes, we do make salsa and other items from their necklaces.

Last night, I was listening to the Civil Wars (To Whom It May Concern) before bed. I think it carried into my dream.

I was an extra on a movie set. During a break from filming, I was wandering around the set and came across an adorable little boy playing with a toy. I knelt down and had some banter with him.

Then I looked up and his daddy was there. I have memories of green eyes, dark blond hair, and a smile that could light up the night, even on the winter solstice. 

I've had my share of bad dreams. I've lived my share of bad dreams.

This was not one of those dreams. This was finding home in a dream.

I think my heart is ready. I woke up longing for something that wasn't real but could not have been anything but real.

I am going to term it possibility. I'm also re-adding The Civil Wars to my playlist. This song deserves another spin.








No comments:

Post a Comment