Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10: Beeps

My coffee pot beeps at me twice in the morning.

The first beep is to signal that the coffee has been brewed and is ready! This beep is one of the happiest sounds I know.

The second beep is to signal that two hours have passed, and the coffee pot is automatically turning itself off.

The beeps are identical, but evoke incredibly different feelings. The second beep is so much sadder.

I've had songs do that to me in life also. They can be tied to different people, feelings or memories as time evolves. Sometimes a song can bring a smile or a crying fest worthy of a hormonal teen suffering her very first heartbreak. 

I saw someone in passing yesterday who used to own all kinds of music in my world.

It turns out he doesn't anymore.

It was like the coffee pot beep. Both joyous and sad at once. 

Bittersweet.

Big Head Todd & The Monsters - Bittersweet





No comments:

Post a Comment