Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 21: Tday Menu Planning

Thanksgiving is less than a week away!

Aria and I have been staying home on Thanksgiving the past few years. I tend to work the Friday after, and that keeps us close to our nest.

To compensate, and ensure we are plush with turkey, we host a post-Thanksgiving feast at our home with local friends who have become our family.

I brine my turkey in an apple cider / herb mix for a day or two prior to our feast. We have the traditional items always. Our traditional includes turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, plain corn for Aria, green bean casserole for me, rolls, cranberries (sometimes from the can, sometimes I make them), apple pie, pumpkin pie, and sometimes pecan pie (or tassies, if you speak tassie). 

Lately I've been throwing in roasted Brussels sprout dishes because they are just yummo, and a sweet potato dish of some sort. 

This year, I'm serving a few appetizers for everyone to snack on while things bake.

This one has me excited (I'm getting these from The Grateful Chef) - totally cheating but how could I resist??:

Halved, cored seckel pears filled with a homemade herbed goat cheese, wrapped with bacon, drizzled with olive oil and cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar and then baked.

Yes, please?
 

Do you have special traditions for the holiday? I'd love to snag a few new recipes to try out. My shopping list is longer than my arm, and I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment