Friday, October 31, 2014

October 30: Beggars Night

Des Moines has two odd pre-Halloween traditions:

The first is that all children trick or treat the night before Halloween. And they call it Beggars Night.

The second is that all children must tell a joke in order to get candy. There is no "Trick or Treat"ing in Des Moines.

The weather was perfect this year! 60 when the sun went down. I took my camera out to capture the evening, but my night time shutter speed combined with my apparently very shaky hands results in some unique photos.

Like this one: Meow.


And this:

I'd love to think the spirits visited us last night, but I think it was the coffee and Kahlua I was walking around with while begging for candy.

Happy pre-Halloween all!


Nina SImone - I Put A Spell on You

No comments:

Post a Comment