Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 16: Cornell Memory

It's homecoming weekend at Cornell. That means you get one more 90s tune. My memories are returning for a weekend with friends, even if I cannot make it.

This song finds me sitting in Randal's, a local bar. My shoes are slightly sticky. My hair stinks like cigarette smoke, because you could still smoke in a bar in those days. I'm drinking cheap beer and a thing called Shots of Fun that tastes like Kool-Aid but will knock you on your tail after a shaker or two.

This song is playing. I am young, free and have not a single responsibility beyond finishing my next beverage of choice and deciding if I'll eat cheap bar pizza or scrounge around my room for spare food items. And then stumbling up the hill to my dorm to crash before class tomorrow.

Ah, youth.

Spin Doctors - Two Princes

No comments:

Post a Comment