Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8: Closer to Fine

I spent part of my afternoon in a waiting room filled with people who appeared to be full of disgust. Parents angry with their children for acting as children. Teenagers carrying out an in-depth relationship with their phone while steadily ignoring their parents. Couples with arms crossed, treating each other with less respect than I show to strangers on the street. 

I witnessed all this as Aria massaged my shoulders, kissed me on the forehead and asked for a massage in return. We had a stressful appointment and her reaction was to create and receive comfort. 

I was wishing more of the waiting room inhabitants could treat each other with love. It's so cheesy as to be a chunk of Gruyere, but this world needs more love. 

I was trying to remember a time when I witnessed a large gathering of people filled with love. The Indigo Girls came to mind. I caught them in concert forever ago. Before they sang this, they told the audience to get ready to sing. And everyone did. With huge smiles on our faces. 

Perhaps that waiting room needs some better music. 

Regardless, the appointment passed. We survived with love in tact. Closer to fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment