Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16: Prince

You have to respect a person known by a mononym.

Monarchs do it. Elizabeth. Charles. Diana. Fergie (heaven save us).

Men of religion: Jesus. Gandhi. 

Philosophers: Socrates. Plato. Aristotle.

Designers: Chanel. Armani. Valentino. 

Popes: John, Paul, John Paul, Benedict, Francis (and disciples for that matter are mononyms)

Bagillionaire Media Mogul: Oprah

Musicians:  Cher. Sting. Madonna. BeyoncĂ©. Bono. Prince.

I told you sometime back in January that growing up that my room was wallpapered in Duran Duran posters (and cut-outs from Teen Beat magazines). My sister Laura used to have a thing for Prince. She had this poster of him in a white ruffled shirt and skin tight white pants. 

To me, it was a la Elvis in his jumpsuits. It wasn't my deal. I also swore I could see polkadot underwear through his pants. Prince is 5'2" and probably weighs 100 pounds dripping wet.

Every single ounce of him is filled with sex appeal. This I will admit freely. I will also admit I listened to the cassette of Purple Rain until it broke. 

But I still preferred my Duran Duran posters.

Prince & The Revolution - Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment