Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4: Netflix Bender

Do you Netflix? Or Hulu? Or Amazon Prime? 

I have to make a confession: I go on Netflix binges. Like all out watch 3, 4, 8 episodes of <insert any great series here> from time to time. Orange is the New Black. Lark Rise to Candleford. Downton Abbey. The West Wing. X Files. I love it all.

Watching TV in any capacity is rather new to me. I'm almost giddy with this new found pastime. It's like pronouncing I've learned to ride a bike. I'm not all in just yet. I don't watch anything reality-tv related other than the Cake Boss. I prefer great writers and complex characters.

When I was a kid, TV was the Holy Grail. We had incredibly limited access to it. Saturday morning cartoons, a bit of IPTV (Mr. Rogers, Electric Company, Sesame Street, Captain Kangaroo) and we could pick one prime time show per week to watch. I invariably picked McGuyver. I loved the idea that a piece of gum and some duct tape could save the world.

My current obsession is Mad Men. Oh, I'm in equal parts love and hate with Jon Hamm. Heard this song on the show (a few years before it would have been released). I am not a huge Bob Dylan fan, but do like this one. It fit my mood tonight and thus I'm sharing it.

Happy weekend, all.

Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice - It's All Right



No comments:

Post a Comment