Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11: Girl Talk

Tonight involved a pizza party on my patio with several amazing girlfriends. Perfect weather. Abundant wine and food. Camaraderie. Bliss.

We spent a little time discussing my perpetual single status. There was general agreement that Iowa is a black hole for single moms to find a decent date. It is common for me to hear at least once per month that I should move to a coast (or Chicago at minimum) if I ever want to date again. Bleck.

I'm sticking with my girlfriends and my little lady for now.

One of my fantastic dating experiences was to the State Fair. My date and I caught Ben Taylor, Carly Simon and James Taylor's son performing in a little amphitheater this past summer. Ben was an interesting act. He had classic acoustic numbers that hooked you. He could be haunting when he wanted. Then he'd bring out his laptop and get techno. It wasn't my music. It must be hard to live in a parent's shadow. He needed a few more direct hit sunbeams to light up his heart. I wanted to hug him and feed him a baked good. (I have these thoughts about many people.)

I guess (sorry Ben) I still prefer his dad. This song is good, good music. Perfect to unwind to after an evening of festivities. Happy weekend!!

James Taylor - Fire and Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment