Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2: Doors

Today is all about doors in my world.

I got two new storm doors for my front and back. They were long overdue. At the end of last summer, my battered screen door in the back lost its door handle. It just fell out. The door has a gaping screen, more kick marks than paint, and nary a handle to be seen. She was a real looker. 

Today, she went to the door graveyard. 

Before:                                                                          After:
                               

My front door was a serviceable (if ugly) white number that blocked view of my gorgeous Craftsman wood and beveled glass entry door. She was replaced with a clear glass number. I have warned Aria that dancing in her panties will now be more of a public affair.

Before:                                                                       After:

New mailbox, some paint and new house numbers will really make the front pop! I love small touches with big impact.

I had a garage door company come out and give me a quote also. I was in a new door kind of mood, so I sent him home with a deposit also. I have an old garage with carriage doors that are impossible to close on my own. I have had a bike, an air compressor, countless yard items from an electric edger to a rake stolen from my garage over the years. The thief will soon have to patrol other locales. I’m closing for business.

I have been loving these little changes around the house. Aria, however, is change adverse. We have lived here over 7 years. She mentioned tonight she’ll miss our door, as it’s seen us come and go for so long. It knows our songs (we always sing as we leave to greet the day). It assesses if our coat is the right one for the season. It welcomed us and sent us off every day with a good solid whap. We held a little memorial tonight to send it off.

If I hadn’t already put you through Night Ranger, I’d add Goodbye to the playlist tonight. Instead you get Pete Townshend. Lucky dog.

Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open the Door

No comments:

Post a Comment