Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 14: Back to School Shopping

I took Aria out to buy her back to school supplies tonight. Loose leaf paper, folders, #2 pencils, glue sticks. The works. 

I stopped into a local department store to buy her a new outfit and shoes to wear for her first day.

You would have thought I'd told her we were going to visit a Nigerian village infected with ebola. 

She is SO not a shopper.

She is also wearing my shoe size now. Which is handy since the shoes she picked out cost so much. I'm banking on hand-me-downs from her once she outgrows them. All the employees thought she was 13 due to her height. I want to place a sign on her, "I'm 10. Be gentle with me." 

Luckily she's still too little to leverage the fact that everything thinks she's older. She just corrects them and proudly is named time and again the tallest 10 year-old alive.

Time is such a slippery concept. I have been in meetings that have been scheduled for an hour but felt that they took an eternity. I have whole years of my life without any solid or worthwhile memories to treasure. I have shared a kiss that lasted only moments but lingered timelessly in my heart.

My daughter is entering 5th grade. Her last in elementary school. I blinked and she went from Kindergarten to 5th. I have a plethora of memories and a blink of an eye.

I'm a proud mama toting #2 pencils and size 10 shoes.

Black Crowes - Thorn In My Pride

No comments:

Post a Comment