Sunday, June 1, 2014

May 31: Funeral Reflection

I rarely have the opportunity to see extended family. Today found me at the funeral of my uncle Rich in McGregor. He was a large man with a big personality and an infectious smile. He had these hands that I would have trusted to cradle our world – they were the definition of capable. I was sitting behind his wife, two sons, one daughter and all of their children today witnessing a legacy build upon love. It was humbling. Aria and I ended our night with wonderful friends back in Des Moines.

As I unwind from my day, the pervasive thought in my head is that I have been blessed with such magnificent souls in my world. There’s a lot of noise, duty and general busyness involved in living this life – sometimes it can be hard to witness the true glory of it all. Today brought it forth it Technicolor.

Jack Johnson had it right, "Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart."


The Avett Brothers - Part From Me

No comments:

Post a Comment