Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 15: Father's Day

Thank you, good daddies, for the crucial role you play, and the role models you are for those without good daddies. You affirm my faith. 

Happy Father’s Day to my own dad. My parents divorced not so very long after this photo was taken. 


I didn’t live with my dad again. It’s incredibly bittersweet to look upon the little girl I was. I didn't smile that way again (from the heart) until I was much older. 

I had bone deep love for this man. He lit up my heart when he’d come home from work, singing Elvis and dancing us girls around the house. He made me feel special just because he loved me.

If you ever question your impact on a child, I can only say that tangible remembrance of the love that little girl is feeling has stayed with me in my heart all these years. 


You make a difference. Trust me.

He’s Grandpa Mustache now, and Aria tells me she thinks she gets her sense of humor from him. I think she might be right. He’s a good one.


Tony Bennett - The Way You Look Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment