Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13: Trombones

I saw this photo tonight on my Facebook feed. 


It made me giggle!

My sister, Laura, played the trombone growing up. I was a flutist. 

I have to tell you that playing the flute is awful at times like pep band, marching band, etc. You feel very superfluous. What I wouldn't have given to play brass...

Toting a flute back and forth to school, however, was much easier than toting the trombone. 

My sister used to talk me into hauling her trombone home from our K-12 school. We lived about 3 blocks away. It stretched for miles to my young eyes.

One lovely winter day, I discovered that her trombone made the perfect sled.

I rode that thing like Shaun White on a snowboard. OK, minus the backside rodeo.

I remember my mom scolding my sister for how beat up the case had become. I remember my sister being someone mystified about its condition. I also remember no guilt.... Ah youth.


No comments:

Post a Comment