Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 3: Twitterpated

This is that quintessential week in Spring where the flowering trees are in bloom, the rest of the trees have tender green leaves emerging, and the bulbs have made their glorious colors known. Temperatures are in the 60s. The sun glows warmly in a washed out blue sky. The birds are all a’twitter.

I’m a’twitter myself. Do you remember this scene in Bambi?

Bambi Twitterpated Excerpt

I’ve called Aria Twitterpatter since forever because I am so very twitterpated with her.



Spring was over the top fabulous today. In Pella, it’s tulip festival time. We at monster tenderloins at Goldie's (along the way to Pella in Prairie City), caught the parade, walked around town admiring the tulips and headed home.



I’d love to tell you it was a fabulous day, but that would only be a half truth. The tulips were full on fabulous.


But Aria was wiped out today. 


Growth spurt? Soccer exhaustion? Just not her deal? Who knows. She tolerated the festivities rather than embraced them, which is abnormal for her. She also fell asleep on the drive home, which tells me she was likely just tired.

It’s all good. I’m still twitterpated with the tulips and my girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment