Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11: Try, Try Again

I know it’s Mother’s Day, and I don’t want to belittle that. Being a mama has been the most impactful thing to ever happen to my life. But that’s not what is on my mind today.

A recent happening is swirling around in my brain and heart. But first, back story.

I have been single for quite some time. As I love my world, this is not really something that bother me or matters greatly. I’m open to possibility, but don’t tend to drive around seeking it out.

I even tried on-line dating for a spell simply to broaden my life experiences and circle of acquaintances. My world is filled with other parents, mainly women. I figured if I wanted to meet a man, organic methods weren’t producing any results.

Side note: I think a single mom’s Sex in the City would be a perfectly timely blog. I just didn’t have the endurance to face the experiences necessary to write it over the long haul. That said, my on-line experience did produce a few column-worthy stories.

Anyway, I recently met someone who filled my entire world with promise. Intriguing. Not hard on the eyes. Clever. Quirky. Long phone calls you don’t want to end. Possibility. Delicious possibility.

I gave it a test drive. It wasn’t right for me. I’m grateful I tried. I’m grateful I know it’s ok that it didn’t work. I have a few new go-to recipes I can use in the future for crafting a delicious meal.


So even though it’s Mother’s Day, this song is apropos in my world. And reminds me of the scene in Home for the Holidays when Dylan McDermott is singing at the piano. If you haven't seen this movie, it's directed by Jodie Foster and is brilliant. Go see it. And sing along to the song, knowing it's all going to be alright. Promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment