Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 19: Balance

I had three random thoughts on the drive into work today:

1) NPR is my typical station as I drive in to catch up on current events. It's become hard to listen to the news as the focus is on ISIS. It makes me question the beauty of our world and of people's hearts.

2) HOW can a world that offers up this beauty on a mere drive into work be filled with so much hatred?


3) I went to a prairie awakening event recently hosted by Iowa's First Peoples. One of the tribal elders spoke of the imbalance in our world. That if men were Sky and women were Earth, that we've spent lifetimes keeping our feet off the ground and that we need to call back into balance our world. That so many of the troubles we witness are spawned by this imbalance.

All three thoughts came to me in an instant. All seemed random and yet I think they all connect.

Balance. I pray for balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment